In September 2018, the ABC’s hit documentary series Australian Story tracked ...
The winners of the 2021 Chairman’s Global Excellence Awards will be announced by our Executive Chairman, Sanjeev Gupta during a special broadcast to all GFG Alliance colleagues across the world at 12:00 BST on Thursday 30 September.
The winners will be chosen from the finalists in six categories:
• Family | Safety
• Family | Partnership
• Sustainability | Economic
• Sustainability | Social
• CN 30
The 24 finalists are:
• From Rotherham Steel & Bar, in the UK, the GreBar Development Team
For developing the new GreBar product and getting it to market from scratch.
• From LIBERTY Whyalla, Australia, Kevin, Gary, Wesley, Richard, Roger, and Jules, for manufacturing their own in-house snorkels, making them more efficiently and at a lower cost.
• From LIBERTY Ostrava, in the Czech Republic, Petr W., Jakub, Petr H., Miroslav, Proloy, Stanislav and Martin, for the design and implementation of a new hydraulic manipulator.
• From GFG Alliance, the Global Communications Team for the creation and delivery of the SPOKEN podcast.
• From SIMEC Mining in Australia, the Environment and Community Team, for developing a corrective action management plan to rehabilitate the Myrtle and Redbank Creeks.
• From LIBERTY Ostrava in Czech Republic, Richard, Vit, Ladislav, Thomas, and David, and Pavla, for the successful build of a new mathematical modelling system.
Family | Safety
• From SIMEC Mining in Australia, the Tahmoor Longwall Team, for the safe and cost-effective replacement of the relay bars.
• From InfraBuild Laverton Steel, Australia, Sean Aherne, from, for his engagement in the I Am Here project.
• From LIBERTY Magona, Italy, Alessandro, Marco, Alberto, Roberto C. and Roberto D. For introducing a new way of identifying and assessing risk in the cold rolling mill department.
Family | Partnerships
• From LIBERTY Georgetown, USA, the Georgetown family, for their amazing work
with the local community, and for striving to keep Georgetown beautiful.
• From InfraBuild in Australia, Sean Aherne, for his inspiring work as an I Am Here Ambassador.
• From the GFG Alliance, the Global Communications Team, for the successful creation of the SPOKEN podcast.
Sustainability | Economic
• From LIBERTY Skopje, North Macedonia -Toni and Vlatko for the internalisation of the scrap management processes.
• From LIBERTY Steel USA, the Red Brand team for a record year in 2020
• From, LIBERTY Powder Metals, UK, for turning an R&D concept into a manufacturing business.
• From GFG Alliance team in Sydney – the Australian Tax Team, for continuously striving towards economic sustainability.
• From LIBERTY Magona in Italy – the PKL and OCL teams for a successful restart of the Paint Line 1 and the Pickling Line after their recent shutdown.
• From InfraBuild Australia – Stephen Porter, for the development and successful implementation of the Advantage Programme.
Sustainability | Social
• From InfraBuild in Australia, the InfraBuild Building Products Marketing Team for their work on the national Support Australian Steel campaign.
• From LIBERTY Skopje in North Macedonia, Ivana Petruschevska, Maja Simonovska,
and Vesna Velichkovska for their internship programme.
• From InfraBuild Austube Mills, Australia’s, Nathan Haddow, for his contribution to the business’ cultural improvement programme, the creation of a barbecue meeting point.
• From the Lochaber Energy and Marble Power, UK for successfully entering Lochaber’s hydro plant into the UK’s balancing mechanism.
• From InfraBuild in Australia, the Construction Solutions and Technical Development Teams for bringing a new and more sustainable product to market.
• From JAHAMA Highland Estate, Scotland, UK for their numerous activities in helping to achieve carbon neutrality, including the peatland restoration project.
Link to the broadcast site: Join Sanjeev on Thursday 30th September at 12:00hrs BST here https://gfg-events.com/main-event/